Compromised System Make No Business Immune from Cybercrime- 007
Yes, you got that RIGHT. No business is immune from cybercrime! The theft of personal data and intellectual property will allow the ability to turn raw data into money-spinning opportunities. Hence, the response to cybercrime boils down to risk management where compromised information and lack of proper infrastructure could cause severe business impact at a greater speed and scale than ever before. How blind are we on this new age attack?
For instance, phishing emails using Covid-19 themes to deceive the audience and malware attacks used by fraudsters today to mislead the innocent. Taking it as face value, these individuals will fall ambit the trap and only realize that he/she has been duped once the “damage” is done. As such, awareness is key in ensuring one is NOT fooled or victimized.
In the case of dealing with MoneyMatch, please ensure that the email domain is always from firstname.lastname@example.org and not @moneymatch.com or moneymatch.org. The phishing email address will look like the original company email address, therefore do make sure that the email address is genuine before accessing and responding to it.
SCAMS: #STAYSAFE FROM CYBER SCAMS
From love to parcel scams, there are many instances where individuals are vulnerable especially on being required to make instant decisions. This is because scammers do not want you to have time to think when providing critical details.
MoneyMatch will never ask you to reveal your username and/or password during a phone call. In addition, beware of bogus emails, or misuse of MoneyMatch name, corporate logo, senior officer’s names and positions. If you were to encounter such scenarios, please immediately send an email to email@example.com or contact us at +603-2771 6283.
How would you stay safe with MoneyMatch?
- Ensure the correct email: firstname.lastname@example.org (This is not us: @moneymatch.com or moneymatch.org)
- MoneyMatch would NEVER ask you to reveal your usernames and password
- We use end-to-end security and multiple-factor authentication incorporated into payment systems by default
- We make every effort to ensure it is really YOU who is performing the transaction
- We recommend that you use a strong password – include:
- Numbers (make sure it’s NOT your birthday)
- Symbols (examples: @, $, %, &)
- Mix of both UPPERCASE and lowercase alphabets eg. MoNeYMaTcH
For more information on how to stay safe, check out our support center here.
MoneyMatch is a multi-national financial technology firm focusing on international payments. We pride ourselves in redefining the method and cost for people sending money abroad in making it uncomplicated and transparent.